Eagle Law is a First Nations owned and operated law firm located on the Tsuut’ina Nation. We work for the betterment of Indigenous communities and pride ourselves on our experienced legal and administrative team. We are committed to providing exceptional legal services and advice specially tailored to meet our clients’ needs in this rapidly evolving area of law.
We are currently seeking an engaged and creative lawyer to join our legal team; preference will be given to an Indigenous lawyer. Associate lawyers at Eagle Law provide research and support services to senior legal counsel, as well as provide legal services for our clients. Professional Development opportunities are supported, along with giving back to the community. We provide a competitive salary and a challenging work environment.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO:
• Conduct legal research on a variety of Indigenous legal matters
• Draft legal opinions and provide advice to senior lawyers & clients.
• Draft a variety of legal documents including agreements, pleadings, laws and policies.
• Review and provide opinions on various corporate contracts, such as joint venture agreements and impact
• Assisting in the project management of larger files
• Prepare for and attend internal firm and client meetings, as required
• Travel to satellite offices, client sites, with possibility of out-of-town travel
• Electronic organization and filing of documents in cloud-based practice management database
• Other duties as assigned
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN AN ASSOCIATE:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience
• Practicing member in good standing with the Alberta Law Society, or a willingness to relocate and qualify to practice in Alberta.
• Demonstrated excellence in research, analytical, writing, and communication skills
• Experience in, and awareness of, Indigenous law & communities is essential
• Knowledge of a variety of computer applications, such as cloud-based litigation and client managementsoftware
• Team player and communicator who can build relationships across the firm and with clients
• Excellent judgement, accountability, professionalism, and attention to detail
• Confidence and positive attitude regarding existing and new responsibilities
If you feel you are up to the challenge, please send your resume along with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 22, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their submissions and will contact only those selected for an interview. All applications will be held in confidence.